ABOUT SEGUIN CHRISTAN ACADEMY
Seguin Christian Academy Inc. is a Texas Non-Profit Corporation which was formed to continue the Christian Education ministry which was started at First Baptist Church in the 1960's. In March, 2012, First Baptist Church voted to close First Baptist Christian Academy at the end of the 2011-2012 school year. A group of Christians came together in April, 2012, and formed Seguin Christian Academy, Inc. to ensure the families in Seguin and the surrounding areas would continue to have options for private, Christian education.
Evangelism begins in our own communities. If we don't reach the children for Christ, there will be no one left in future generations to be His witness "to the ends of the earth." In Matthew 19:14, Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Therefore, enrollment at Seguin Christian Academy is open to all children, grades K4-11th, whether they come from a Christian home or not.
Informational video from 2013
Seguin Christian Academy uses texts from several different Christian curriculum publishers in order to ensure content, continuity, rigor, and application are all addressed. Publishers include Bob Jones University Press, ABeka, and A Reason For, In addition to the Christian curriculum we use Social Studies Weekly for grades K - 6th, and supplemental Texas History texts for 7th grade.
Students are educated in a loving Christian environment by highly qualified teachers. Students are led by example to worship God, love their country, and respect those who are in authority over them. Through Bible study, worship, and prayer, students will develop a better understanding of the important roles and responsibilities Christians have in this world.
In addition to the core curriculum, students have the opportunity to explore the gifts and talents God has given them through art, music, drama, computer, and PE. SCA is blessed by excellent teachers and numerous volunteers who give their time and resources to ensure our students receive an exemplary education in a Christian environment. We also have a dedicated librarian who has spent many years refining a library program which teaches research skills, encourages a love of reading, and helps develop an appreciation for literature.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Seguin Christian Academy is a non-denominational Christian school, therefore the focus is on the Bible - not doctrine. All instruction aligns with the following Statement of Faith.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:28-30), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25-26, I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return to power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11-16).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God's grace and through faith are we saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24, Romans 3:22-24, 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5-7).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We make no distinction concerning an individual's race or ethnic background because we acknowledge that there can be no preferential treatment with God (Romans 2:11). We are bound to extend our ministry to all we can reach if we are to carry out our Lord's Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
SEGUIN CHRISTIAN ACADEMY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The SCA Board of Trustees is dedicated to the school's statement of faith and the mission of the school.
The mission of Seguin Christian Academy is to care for God's children, share the love of Jesus, and prepare today's students for tomorrow's world.
The Board performs six main functions for SCA:
1) Establish and maintain the school's spiritual foundation;
2) Set mission and goals;
3) Raise operating and development funds;
4) Hire and evaluate the Chief Educational Officer (CEO);
5) Approve staff hirings;
6) Oversee student instruction and curriculum.
All members of the Board are open to inquiries about the school and more than happy to discuss current operations and goals.
Board of Trustees
Allison Haeussler - President (830) 433-0265
Barb Whitmire - Secretary (210) 213-8514
James Milstead - Treasurer (830) 556-4439
Initial Founding Board and Steering Committee
SCA would not be here today were it not for a small group of dedicated individuals who opened their heart's to God's will, and earnestly supported the vision of continuing to make Christian education available to all. These people supported SCA with their imagination, resources, time, prayer, and finances.
If you want to know the heart and soul behind Seguin Christian Academy, talk to one of these individuals: